Interesting facts About Alkaline
- One 355ml can of cola contains enough phosphoric acid to dramatically change our pH. If you don’t have enough calcium or magnesium reserves in your extracellular fluid, your body takes the calcium from your bones to neutralize the acid. You’d need 32 glasses of water to neutralize every can of soda you drink. That’s a lot of water!
- Chronically acidic blood (acidosis) can cause a variety of conditions, including fatigue, foggy thinking, weight gain and heart burn.
- A food is classified as acid or alkaline depending on its mineral content. Alkaline foods contain more alkaline-forming minerals, like calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, and potassium, than acid-forming minerals such as phosphorus, copper, and sulphur.
- An adequate intake of daily dietary calcium is required to control the heart rate, blood clotting, muscle contraction, and much more. It’s not just about building strong bones.
- Calcium deficiency causes your body to take what it needs from your bones, and if this pattern continues, it can weaken your bones and even lead to osteoporosis.
- Adequate calcium intake can help regulate your body’s pH balance, reduce symptoms of PMS and even assist with weight loss.
- Drinking milk may not help fight off Osteoporosis. Because dairy is acidic, your body pulls calcium from your bones to help neutralize it. Studies show countries with the highest intake of dairy products (including North America) have the highest incidence of osteoporosis, whereas countries that consume fewer dairy products have lower rates.
- People can live for a few months without food, but only 10 days without water. Next to the air we breathe, water is the most important element in our body, yet 75% of people are chronically dehydrated and don’t even know it.
- The average person consumes 68038.9grams of refined (acidic) sugar per year, which is 30x more than our grandparents consumed at the turn of the 20th century. It’s no wonder obesity rates are on the rise, especially when sugar is hidden in many foods you’d never suspect.